Monday 5th September 2016
At Creation we aim to provide a high quality service to all our service users in a fair and respectful way. However, occasionally you may feel we fall short of our standards and may wish to complain. If you are unhappy with any of your dealings with the Creation staff team or a Trustee, you have a right to complain and have that complaint heard. This would give us the opportunity to put things rights and learn from past mistakes.
We hope to be able to settle your complaint quickly and informally at your first point of contact. Where this is not possible, the rest of this document explains our complaints procedure.
Any complaint we receive will be logged, tracked and monitored to enable us to ensure we are providing a fair and quality service to all members of the community.
How do I complain?
- Write to Creation Trust
- Ring Creation on 07872959780 where a member of staff will be happy to record your complaint
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the Creation office in person
- Ask for a home / office visit
Your complaint will be passed to the right person and will be investigated fully and confidentially. Please provide us with as much information as possible about your complaint, including any supporting documentation you may have and details about how you think we could put things right for you.
What Happens Next?
- Informal Stage – relevant member of staff
- Stage One – Chief Executive
- Stage Two – Appeals Panel, made up of 3 Trustees not involved in the complaint
If your complaint is concerning the Chief Executive it will initially be passed to the Chair of the Creation Board of Trustees.
Complaints involving Trustees
If your complaint is relating to a Trustee, it will be passed to another Trustee who is not connected with the issue if appropriate, or the Accountable Body (London Borough of Southwark).
Complaints regarding London Borough of Southwark
Any complaint you may wish to make regarding the Accountable Body, will be considered under the London Borough of Southwark’s complaints procedure which can be found atwww.southwark.gov.uk or by ringing 020 7525 5000.
We will try to resolve your complaint at all stages. All complaints will be considered, other than those we believe are being pursued in an unreasonable manner and regarding a matter which took place more than 12 months ago.
What will Creation do?
- We will initially acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days
- We aim to investigate and respond to your complaint within 10 working days. If we need longer to investigate your complaint we will keep you fully informed of our deadline.
- We will provide you with a report written in an accessible format. If this is not a helpful way of communicating with you, we can provide a recorded verbal report.
The local Citizens Advice Bureaux may be able to give you independent advice on your problem.
We aim to provide an effective service to you, if you feel our complaints procedure does not meet your needs, please let us know.
We will write to you informing you of the outcome of your complaint. If you are unhappy with the outcome, you may wish to take the complaint further. We have a formal procedure in place to enable you to appeal against any decision made.
This is in 3 stages